Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Thursday, March 24, 2011
3 weeks ago I started on the long journey to finally lose weight. I started this last year by working out and trying to eat healthy, but it just didn't cut it and once summer came it all went by the wayside.This year I have vowed it will be different, I will lose the weight, eat healthier, and be a healthier person. I have to not only for myself, but for my kids.
I know all to well the effects of heart dieaseae and diabetes can have on a person. I watched my mom have quadruple bypass surgery, her crodic artery cleared, have a stint placed, go through kidney issues finally leading to dialysis, leg amutations, and finally all this had taken its toll. Her body gave in...and she was gone. At 65...I never in a million years thought that this would happen to my mom and especially so young. I don't want my kids to have to go through what I did, it was hard, it was sad.
So 3 weeks ago I started a journey. A journey to look better, feel better, eat better and move more. I am doing Weight Watchers, and am really lucky to have some AWESOME friends and even some family that are also doing it! It is such a great support system, and it helps me to feel confident that I CAN do this!
I have had my ups and downs and definitely some temptations...especially Aunt Marcia cookies (if you don't know she makes the BEST chocolate chip cookies on the planet!!)'
Today I am proud to say I am down 7.2lbs!! It may not seem like much, but really it is a huge step on a lifestyle and all around life change!!
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
This is Emmah's Rainbow Racer:
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Thursday, March 10, 2011
Monday, March 7, 2011
- We are seeking help and are hopeful that we are headed in the right direction.
- Emmah has great days at school where she works hard and makes great choices.
- Our family and friends are a great support asking and checking on us and on our progress, offering hugs, words of encouragement, and offering to help.
- We have gotten to have some fun family moments lately, even if they are few and far between.
- Health, overall we are healthy, just seeking some help.
- Emmah has rough days at school
- Sometimes at home behavior isn't always what we hope it will be.
- The time between appointments is going to challenge us, but we must wait.
- Our family time is sometimes compromised, and plans must change.
- That we have to deal with this issue at all, even though deep down I know that God wouldn't give us more than we can handle.
- My mom isn't hear to listen, to help, to advise, and to just lean on. I miss her right now and have realized that I am really ANGRY that she isn't here, that I can't call her up, cry on her shoulder, or ask her advice. Where is she when I need her most??
This last one has been a struggle for me, and was brought to my attention a few weeks ago...it has been on my mind a lot lately. Deep down I am really mad that she isn't here, how dare she not be here when I need her. I know we will make it through and we are never given more than we can handle, but I need her and she's not here!!
Friday, March 4, 2011
Let's look back and see what I got done last month, well only 2! The 2 things I was able to accomplish were:
- Fix Silverware display, sad this took so long!
- Cooking Dinner 5-6 nights a week!
- Bathroom Curtians
- Emmah's bedroom, I have totally changed my plans so this weekend I am planning to finish it up, other than I can't seem to get her curtains to sew! May have to call in help!
- Living room wall. I want to put up a collection of things, I have seen these a lot and think it would be the perfect fit for my room!!
- Cook Dinner 5-6 nights a week! This has been easier then I thought it would, especially since I joined Weight Watchers I look to eat as point friendly as possible!
What are your goals for the month?? Be sure to check back on my progress and see if I can actually complete my list this month! I would LOVE to hear how you are doing at meeting your goal too!
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
The road won't be an easy one, and there will have to be some changes both at home, with us as parents, at school, with her behavior choices, and with her. I am very hopeful that we can find some anwers and get ourselves headed in the right direction.
Sometimes she doesn't make the right choices, sometimes she does the wrong thing, but sometimes she is loving and caring, sometimes she is super funny, and sometimes she is beyond sweet. I pray that others can see the beauty she hides within...