Emmah has been attending Art Camp this week with the art teacher from the school I work at. She ABSOLUTELY LOVED it!! Which was nice to see her really enjoying something. On the last day they decided to do a little breakfast so they asked everyone to bring something to share. Emmah wanted something different as did I so off to Pinterest we go..
That's where we found these:
(photo from tablespoon.com)
Ummm yea we'll go with these!! Emmah isn't a rasberry and blueberry fanatic so since I had strawberries and bananas in the house we went with those. Wanna make your own?? I knew you would so here it is:
Pillsbury French Bread (any brand would work)
1/2-1 cup fruit- strawberry, banana, blueberries, rasberries
4 whole eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp cinnamon
powdered sugar/sryup (optional)
- Start by baking the bread, according to package directions.This can be done the night before or earlier in the day.
- Cut bread up into 1" pieces
- Mix together milk, egg, vanilla, and cinnamon. Drop in half of bread and mix to coat.
- In large saucepan melt butter, then added coated bread pieces. Cook til brown on all sides, 2-3 minutes each side. When browned...move to a cookie sheet to keep warm in the oven. Then repeat with other half of bread.
- Now place fruit and bread in an alternating pattern on skewer.
- Place on patter or serving dish. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve with sryup for dipping!
These are great for a brunch, overnight guests, sleepovers, and for us Easter!!