Here is the list of all of our traumas:
- First our bedroom, it was going well, but once we started painting you could see all our brush strokes....looked ridiculous! But since I married such a wonderful guy, he fixed it all! It looks beautiful!
- Next we have the bathroom. I patched some spots that chipped when we removed the wallpaper. So when we painted you could see every spot. But once we put on the 2nd coat we thought we were going to be okay......but that isn't how are luck works on to number 3!
- Next, Jake tried to help paint....he very helpfully painted my cream bead board with camel paint....I was NOT happy! So I cleaned it, which went well. That then lead to number 4!
- I went to paint a 3rd coat on the bathroom wall and found a spot I must have missed that was clumpy from Jake's helpful painting. I went to pick it off and the paint peeled right off! Basically the paint did not adhere to the wall and pulled off in big sheets!
- On to number 5! Jake wanted a baseball themed room, and I love the comforter he has so I decided to use similar colors. The wall was going to be grey.....but with a original color of periwinkle and a bad painting job it didn't go well. You could see the color thru even with 2 coats, and see where the original painter trimmed the room. It was bad. We did solve the problem by going 2 shades darker and it turned out really great.
I'm not done yet, but hopefully we are done with all the traumas....I can't take anymore! I will have to finish the bathroom the went horribly wrong, and paint the other one. The living room is done as is the dining room, Emmah's room, and our room. So that isn't bad. I will keep you posted on all our exciting decorating adventures!