Sunday, January 30, 2011
My list also tends to change slightly when there is stress involved...this past week has definitely included that! So of course I got my crafting bug going! I worked and completed 2 projects, with another one in the works!
I will post the tutorial for this one later this week, it was super easy and perfect to add a little something special to a plain cork board.
I made this awesome star, and LOVE how it turned out! And the best part of these stars is that they are totally customized to my color scheme and taste. My daughter wants some for her room now...we'll have to see about that!
And just so you know, my list is getting longer by the minute! I have suddenly got into the kick of completing my decorated at the house, you adding curtains and wall decor, and best of all redoing my bedroom!! My husband isn't as excited about the last one, but oh well!!!
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
I have always been one to keep these things to myself, for fear of embarrassment, but I have nothing to be embarrassed about. I haven't done anything we are just dealing with an issue bigger than ourselves.
We know that she has ADHD, but there is something else going on. She has extreme anger issues, and can get very aggressive. But then the next minute she is sweet and remorseful. Underneath she means no harm and doesn't mean to hurt anyone. She has always had those terrible temper tantrums where she cries for hours...and you just don't know what to do. I have had doors open on cars, while it was moving, my hair pulled out in chunks, and been called countless names. But deep down she is a lovable, precious, funny little girl that I LOVE very much.
I am hoping that as we start on this journey to dig deeper into what is going on and start looking for more answers we find some and along the way become closer as a family.
What I am praying for:
1. Understanding for those around us when things don't go as planned.
2. Some answers on what is going on with Emmah.
3. Insurance issues to be resolved.
4. Emmah to be willing to help make some changes.
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
The last week alone has brought on some new perspective. We have been dealing for 4 years now with Emmah's ADHD issues. You always first look at yourself and ask "What did I do wrong?" and "How could I let this happen?" Then you start looking for some answers....we have explored many in hopes of finding the right one for her. This has been a major challenge, we have recently hit the wall and are again on the hunt for answers. We will find them it just takes time, and perspective. We have to look at things differently, and do what is best for her.
I have enjoyed a wonderful day today, full of hugs, songs, laughs, a delicious meal, beautiful flowers, kisses, birthday wishes, and most of all love.
Tomorrow I start the next year of my life with a new perspective...life is a blessing, take what you have and make it wonderful, joyful, and be a blessing to others.
Sunday, January 23, 2011
Playing in the snow is so much fun!! The kids will go out there for hours...but we have had bitterly cold temps, so we've had to limit how much time they spend out. Well we had a snow day this week and the kids were getting restless...so mom came up with something fun to do! I gave the kids some squirt bottles with colored water in them, so they could paint the snow. It didn't work as great as I would have like, paints instead of food coloring make better color, the kids still had fun! I also got the chance to take some fun pics of them in the snow!
Hope you are enjoying all the snow...we just got a boatload more guess that means sledding, snowball fights, and some more snow painting!
Thursday, January 20, 2011
When I became a mother it was the most amazing experience ever....I finally understood exactly what my mom had been saying all those years. It didn't hurt that I had the most perfect little girl in the whole world. She was happy, content, and hardly cried really. When she was just over 4 we started noticing some issues...she was extremely hyper, and somewhat defiant. After some testing...it was determined that she ADHD. We of course did some checking and finally decided that medication was the route to go.
She has always been a challenge exhibiting extreme behavior and leaving us puzzled. Deep down she is the sweetest little girl and even when she is mean or does something not nice, she is immediately remorseful....deep down she is a beautiful child just trying to get out...deep down I believe there is far more going on then we know.
We are currently entering the land of the unknown. The questions are plentiful. Where do we go from here? What do we test for? How do we treat it? What changes do we need to make as a family? How do we help her reach her full potential at school?
Over the next weeks we will be exploring these questions and hopefully finding some answers. I continue to pray for God to lead us in the right direction.
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
So here's me....
Monday, January 17, 2011
I won't delay any more...the winner of the $25 to CSN stores is....
Congrats Kelly!! Can't wait to find out what you decided to spend it on!! Have fun shopping!
(Kelly I will be sending you an email with the code!!)
Monday, January 10, 2011
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
What can you buy you ask?? Well they have tv stands, home decor items, and things for babies and kids! You name it they have it! I had so much fun looking around their site and seeing all the great items they have!
Here are a couple of things you could pick up if you win:
Baseball Wall Art
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Well this year we are going to start off small, I am going to make a list of goals for the month. These will be small goals, but I am hoping that in some ways they lead me to these larger goals, that I would truly like to achieve.
So here's January's list of goals: (in no particular order!!)
- Organize closet...it's a wonder I find anything and why do I have so much??
- Finish Emmah's room including wall decor, and curtains.
- Bathroom curtains.
- Take items to goodwill.
- Chore chart for the kids.
- Craigslist those things I have been meaning to for WAY too long.
- Make dinner more...5-6 nights of dinner at home.
Okay I think that is a good start. I'll keep ya posted on how things start to play out!
Sunday, January 2, 2011
I have joined in the fun with Katie at A List Maker's Life to make some predictions for the year to come!
- I will complete most of the crafts on my list.
- The basement will be finished and we will begin to do the inside work.
- Tigers will have a great season, and we will attend a game as a family.
- Jake will master tying his shoes.
- Jake will start to read more and discover a LOVE of reading.
- Bloem & Grow will continue to grow.
- Unemployment will go down...3%
What predictions do you have for the coming year??? Leave your predictions here or head over to A List Maker's Life and add them there!!
Saturday, January 1, 2011
So here you go...
- Ruffle Pillows-I can't stand the ones on my couch...they are horrible and these are easy enough that I can make them up and have some great decor!
- Stencil Canvas Wall Art- I am slowly working to add some new decor to my walls...including my bedroom.
- Subway Art-I just love these and can't wait to make one...or two...well I am actually leaning towards making this in a baseball theme for Jake's room!
- Camera strap- Would love to make these for some cousins....and maybe an extra one for myself!
- Finish up my craft room...this will take A LOT of work, but it will be so worth it to have a guest room and a special area for my crazy craftiness!!
- Fabric Flower Choker-I like these...A LOT so of course I am going to have to give these a try!
- Fun Chalkboard-Not sure where this will go...but I am thinking in the kids play room as a fun and functional addition, but how cute and fun is this???
- Great Hooded Towel-These are such a fun and cute idea, perfect for a birthday, a baby shower and any well anything!!
- Silhouette Wall Art- I am sure you have seen these all over the place, on pillows, on jewelry, on cards...everywhere! I just have to make one for my wall...I want to make small ones to put in the living room on the floating shelves I want to add!!
- Fun Photo Holder-Perfect for the top of my cabinets...and maybe in the bathroom too, well almost anywhere really. I might even make some for my kids rooms.
What fun projects are you going to try this year??? I can't wait to get started on mine!!