Monday, January 10, 2011

Shelf Art (tutorial)

I have these wonderful built in shelves in my living room...but they have caused me some decorating issues. For one, I am not great at it so didn't even know where to start. Good thing I have a very talented friend who helped me get them started.

Now that I have recently found some INCREDIBLE blogs with some great new ideas I have started to give some a try and use their encouragement to take the simple and make it special and great!

I found this great canvas at Michaels for super cheap and new I had to do something with it. So I brought it home and did some thinking....then I gathered some supplies.

I got the stamp from Michaels too, for $1!! I then decided that because the stamp was small it would need a little extra detail, so I went with some burlap I had on hand.
I cut my shape out of the burlap, then stamped my "family" onto the canvas. To glue on the heart I used E6000. Then looking at it, it still needed something some I added the bow to the hear to give it a POP of color. I also noticed my stamp was a little off center so I added a tiny rhinestone to offeset it. I am in LOVE with how it turned out!!

Here is my final product! And here it is on the shelf!

1 comment:

TLF said...

Very cute!! I love it!!