Sunday, November 13, 2011

Our Nest

Pinterest is up to its usual tricks again!! I have seen many of the nest necklaces and always wanted one, well when I found a tutorial I just knew I had to give it a try! Sarah posted a great tutorial over at Love Stitched and so off I went to pick up supplies!!
Well since I am sure you will want to make one of your own...
Here is what you need:

  • 20-24 gage jewelry wire
  • small beads or pearls
  • jump ring
  • necklace chain


 Gather your supplies

To get started put the number of beads you want onto your wire. Then begin to wrap the wire around them.

Once you have it started continue to wrap the wire around forming a circle/nest around the beads. In between the beads wrap around the outside, gather the wire. To end take the wire underneath and wrap through. Then VIOLA!!! Your very own nest necklace!




 I just love how this turned out and can't wait to try with some different beads! 
signature

2 comments:

Kelly K. said...

It turned out so cute Kate! I love watching you take inspiration from pinterest and actually making stuff because of it. I pin so many things and never get around to making anything. I need to actually get moving and put my pins to good use one of these days. :)

Kate B. said...

Thanks Kelly!! I may never complete my list of pins...but sure is fun when I do!