Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thankful Memories

Thanksgiving is always a great time to gather with family. I have some seriously great Thanksgiving memories. Although I have a few that aren't so great, most of my memories just leave a HUGE smile on my face!
 
First of all for years we used to drive to Wisconson to spend Thanksgiving with my uncle and cousins. My mom and I would load our stuff and ourselves into the car and drive the 8 hour drive to my uncles only to stay up even later prepping for the Thanksgiving meal! (I can't remember how many times I stayed up breaking bread for the stuffing!) My mom and my uncle would do some of the other prepping, there was wine, Mountain Dew, and many laughs!
Their favorite thing to make was the stuffing and they really had a knack for it!! Countless wooden spoons were broken...because you don't have the right consistency if you don't break a wooden spoon!! And A LOT and by a lot I mean A LOT of sage was used!! Everyone knows that if you don't need a drink after eating a bite...you NEED more SAGE!!
 
Its these types of memories that make the not so happy ones...fade to the backgroud.
(My mom's last Thanksgiving was spent in the hospital...I brought her dinner, but who wants to eat a Thanksgiving meal there??)
 
I hope my kids have wonderful memories of spending time with cousins, playing/watching football, eating A LOT of food, and most of all of breaking a few wooden spoons and add just the right amount of SAGE!!
 
I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, I know I did!!
signature

No comments: