Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

Mother's day is a great day to celebrate the mothers in your life. And today that is exactly what we did!! We enjoyed a great lunch cooked by my mother-in-law, and spent some time with Grandma too!! It was nice.

The kids and Toby, got me some great cards and some great gifts too! I just love my plate from Emmah, it has her handprint on it, and my cool wooden spoon magnet from Jake! They are great kids, and I love them dearly.

One thing that was missing today was my mom. I guess I noticed all day long, but it really hit me at night. The day just didn't feel right. I know that although she is not here physically, she is definetly here in spirit. I see her everyday in myself and Emmah, even a little in Jake too! My one hope is that I can be half the mom that she was too me!! I love you mom!!

No comments: