Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First Day of School

Well it is with any yearly tradition the first day of school rolls around and with that come many hopes, dreams, excitement, anxiety, and for this mom TEARS!!


Today Emmah started 1st grade! I can hardly believe she is that old already and turning into a very interesting young lady, hey we all have our quirks right?? Today she seemed so old, so grown up, and ready for the year ahead. I know that she will learn so many new things, experience new things, and bring many new ideas to the table, but a small part of me (OK OK a large part of me!) can't help but be a little sad that my baby is growing up. I am so proud of her and can't wait to hear the tales of First grade, I am sure she will have many to share! But in my own little moment today is a day this mom, needs her mom. Because I am sure that today is a day that she would have been proud, and then wiped MY tears, and eased my nerves. Don't mistake my tears, I couldn't be more excited for Emmah. The year that lies ahead is full adventure, and loads of learning all of which will send her on her way to be, well whatever she wants.
Wait til Thursday when I have to leave Jake at preschool! Can anyone say therapy???

No comments: