Monday, January 25, 2010

memories

To celebrate birthdays is without a doubt a wonderful thing, but what do you do when the person is not there to celebrate with....well we figured out just the thing.

My birthday was of course today, and yesterday was my mom's. She would have been 66, and she spent 65 years loving, caring, serving, helping, giving, teaching, mothering and do so many other things. I think the biggest thing I miss is her daily advice, even when I didn't want to hear it! (That's usually when I needed it the most!!) On her special day we celebrated by enjoying a reciepe of hers, her favorite dessert (angel food cake) and lastly with BUBBLE WRAP!!

All in all it was a good day. To add to the beauty of the day I receieved a bouquet of tulips from a friend who shared a birthday with my mom. She had sent some to her last year, and my mom was very moved. This gesture also was very meaningful to me. I know that my birthday will never be quite the same, but I will always remember that I got to share this time of year with her and that is extremely SPECIAL.

No comments: