Saturday, October 20, 2012

Initial

I LOVE to put a festive holiday wreath on my door, but sometimes there isn't a holiday that is really celebrated and you have those in between months.
 
So problem solved:
 
Here's the how to on how to make your very own Door Initial!
 
Supplies:
 
Wooden Initial (mine is 10", but you could go bigger or smaller)
Craft Paint
Foam Brush
Ribbon or Trim (for decor, I used ric rac)
Accessories (flowers or buttons)

 
1. To start paint your letter using the craft paint in the color of your choice. I went BOLD since my door is black and I wanted it to stick out!
 
2. Once the paint is dry begin to layout your accessories. I started with my ric rac.
Depending on your letter you may want to omit this, and just use a flower or some buttons just add a little fun to your inital.
 
 
Here it is ready to go:
 
 {Sorry, not my best pic!}

signature

No comments: