Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Mmm...mmmm Good!

Since entering on my weight lose journey I have been trying LOTS of new recipes! Some have been just okay, and others have been really good. This one was a really good one! I got the recipe from brown paper packages. Which by the way also has some GREAT projects to do as well. I have found quite a few from her. This was really delicious and good for you too! Even my kids liked it!! Here is the recipe:
Black Bean & Salsa Chicken

1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained

1 lb fresh salsa

3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts


I used frozen chicken breasts which worked great!! Add the chicken to the bottom of your crock pot, then pour the salsa and beans on top. (I think fresh salsa is the best, she advises it too!) Then cook on high for 4-5 hours or until chicken is fork tender. Using two forks shread the meet into bite-size pieces.


To Serve:
1. To make nachos just layer the meat mixture over your chips. Then add any topping you like, such as tomatoes, onions, shredded cheese, and sour cream. You can even add guacamole if you want. (I didn't too many points!! I also used low-fat cheese and fat free sour cream) 2. Another option is to make some yummy tacos!! Add meat mixture to a warmed tortilla, top with delicious toppings of choice and enjoy!

I myself made the nachos, and altogether with my toppings was about 12 points for my dinner. It was so worth it. I even enjoyed eating it the next day plain! I hope you enjoy this as much as my family did, and my kids don't like black beans....I got multiple groans!!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Oh yum! Thanks for sharing this recipe Kate.