Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Funk

The last few weeks have brought on a new funk for me...it really all started with the smallest thing. We recently got our car detailed. They did a really great job and the car looked and smelled great!! The only real problem came when they cleaned a spot off the passenger seat...
 
Silly right, who cares about a spot? Well that spot got there in the most humorous way! Not long after my mom had purchased her car and started having her health issues we were out one day with the kids and they really wanted ice cream. She was NOT going to have that in her car, so we agreed on shakes from McDonald's, she however got a chocolate dipped ice cream cone. Well you can put it all together, hot weather, melting chocolate...equals MESS!!
Needless to say we ended up with chocolate on the seat. She was MAD, and it was FUNNY!!
 
It's been there ever since, never really came clean, and now it is gone. One of those quirky things that reminds you of this funny situation, and miss that person all the more.
 
It started my funk, and now I find myself sad and really just missing her. I cry at things that shouldn't make me cry, I'm a little more bitter than usual, and just all out bummed. I try to keep it inside, but not sure it is always there.
 
It all comes down to 4 simple words:
I miss my mom.
signature

No comments: