Monday, January 30, 2012

Banded Together

Pinterest Project Alert...
In my goal to try and really organize the house this year I continued on my quest for Emmah's room to have some order. Next on the list hair supplies!! I mean what girl doesn't have a TON of these??
Emmah has recently really gotten into headbands and they are taking over my shelf in the bathroom so I had to do something!
To make a headband holder of your own, here is what you'll need:

I began by cutting my paper to size, you'll need 2 sheets, and you will have extra and can use that for the top.
Lightly Modge Podge the paper around the oatmeal container, being careful not to overdue the Modge Podge. (You will want to trim the 2nd sheet so you have enough for the top)

Once the bottom is done you can trace around the top. I chose to use a different paper and make it about 1-11/2" bigger so it would fit around the lid nicely.

Cut out circle...if you are looking for the edges to wrap around the outside you will need it at least 1" larger than the lid, you can then start by Modge Podging the center on, then start to cut the extra around the outside into strips and gluing them down 1-3 at a time. I used hot glue as my top paper was thicker.
Then VIOLA...

I am loving it...and couldn't be happier with how it turned out!


signature

No comments: