Well this past week she had her ultrasound and was going to find out what she was having, and since she is a teacher we thought it would be fun to have her kids guess and then give them a special treat to find out what it was. After searching I found these delicious chocolately fudge cookies and decided these were PERFECT!!
Fudgy Delights (as found on easybaked.com)
- 40-50 Wilton candy melt pieces in BLUE or PINK
- 8 oz. Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 bag (12 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 t. vanilla
- Soften Philadelphia cream cheese in microwave until completely smooth.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave in 30 second increments, stirring well in between.
- Add cream cheese to melted chocolate and blend well.
- Add flour and vanilla and stir into a thick dough consistency.
- Flatten about 1 tbs. of dough in your palm, place 2 candy melts (flat sides together) in the center and gently wrap the dough around the melts until they are completely covered.
- Flatten dough and shape into an Oreo shaped and sized cookie and place on an un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.( I did mine just a little longer, but time varies based on your oven.)
- Remove warm cookies from cookie sheet and place on parchment paper (they will be a little greasy on the bottom, the parchment paper helps with this)
These cookies are super delicious and could be done for almost any holiday or just a sweet treat! On her site she even uses the peanut butter candy melts, or hershey kisses...Oh the possibilites!!!