Friday, August 3, 2012

Old School Turned New School

My kids are kinda obsessed with having things in cupcake/muffin shape and when I can make it happen its twice as nice!! So when looking for a weight watcher friendly recipe the other night I came across these Cheesy Pot Pie Muffins...mmmm!!
I made sure I had all the ingredients, and then got to work. I will say this, they are super easy, and pretty quick too!! Don't reheat perfectly, but are still delicious on day 2!
Ingredients:
- 1 can of reduced fat biscuits (10 count)
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, diced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
- 2/3 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of frozen mixed veggies
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  

  Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Separate biscuits and place each biscuit in a cup of a lightly greased 12-hole muffin pan, pressing dough up sides to edge of cup.

3. In a medium bowl, combine chicken, chicken soup, veggies, cheddar cheese, onion powder, parsley flakes, and black pepper. Mix well to combine.
4. Evenly spoon chicken mixture into prepared biscuit cups.
5. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.

6. Remove from oven. Place muffin pan on a wire rack and let set for 2-3 minutes. Serve at once.

These are perfect quick summer meal or for those cold winter nights. My hubby gave them 2 thumbs up as did my kids! YEAH!! Score for another WW fun meal!!

Next up...tacos or lasagna cups....
signature

No comments: