Monday, August 20, 2012

Sweet!!

I am always on the lookout for fun new desserts I can bring to different outings. A few weeks ago we had a family reunion and I needed to bring a dessert...so I went to find some inspiration on Pinterest!
 
I came across a recipe for cinnamon pita chips...mmmm they sounded delish and what better to put with them then a tasty fruit salsa!!
 
Cinnamon Pita Chips
 
  • 10 flour tortillas (8 inches)
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1. Brush tortillas with butter; cut each into eight wedges.
    2. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over tortillas.
    3. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
    4. Bake at 350° for 5-10 minutes or just until crisp
    Now as for the fruit salsa....I followed a Pinterest recipe, but between my husband and I, and even some other family members we decided it was just missing something and didn't quite work. I don't know what it was for sure. I am now determined to find one that I do like or even make a apple topping for the next batch of cinnamon pita chips!!
     
    (My kids thought they were great so they will be made soon and they also found an idea for pita chip nachos...guess what we are trying this week??)
     
    signature

    No comments: