Friday, August 12, 2011

Bookworm


Okay confession time...Hi, my name is Kate I teach reading and DISLIKE reading for pleasure.
 
Wow, don't I feel better!! It has been years since I have picked up a book and read it just to read and enjoy. Well with the encouragement of some girls who wanted to start a book club, I decided it was about time I give it a try and really allow myself to read, discuss, and enjoy. The book..."The Help".
 
 
Now at first I wasn't sure how I would feel about this book, I had seen the movie preview and thought it looked like a great movie, but could I read the book?? Well, once I picked it up, I could hardly put it down!! It was really helpful that we had 2 weeks of swimming lessons to allow some reading time, but overall I really LOVED this book!! The style it was written, the time period, all of it.
I won't give too much away about the book, but the characters in this story seemed so real to me and I could totally picture all of them. It brings you right in, with just enough background, setting and time period details that you feel like you are living it.
I can't wait to see what the others thought about it when we meet next month...yes I have to wait a whole month to share. I still can't believe I finished a month ahead!!
 
I totally recommend this book, and am not working to get some girls together to catch the movie!!
The next question is...What book do I read next??? If you have a suggestion I would LOVE to hear it!
signature

No comments: