Monday, August 8, 2011

Tank Time

I am of course totally addicted to sewing and just can't seem to get enough...so when I finished this skirt:

                                         

So I got out a tank top that I had on hand and got started. I have seen tanks like this before so I knew the look I wanted.
  1. I began by making a pattern.
2.  I then used this to cut out my fabric. I cut the main piece out and then used a smaller strip to go down the middle. I used a pattern for this as well. Once cut I used some Steam-a-Seam and ironed it on the back of both pieces. I LOVE this stuff!!

3. I then ironed them onto each other and then the shirts.
4. Next, I went ahead and stitched around the outside of both shapes. I started with the big one and then just had to quickly stitch down the sides of the smaller one.

5. For a little extra detail I added some fun buttons I had on hand. I love the extra character it gives the shirt!

And now she has a brand new back to school outfit!! I can't wait for her to wear it, of course she can't either!! I hope you all will try this and if you do I would LOVE to see how they turn out!

signature

No comments: