Monday, August 29, 2011

School Time


Well it is official, school is coming whether we want it to or not. And my wreath obsession is just continuing! Since it is almost the start of a new year I decided that I was in need of a new fall wreath, something that went with back to school!
Well if you're crafty then you know where to head for some inspiration...Pinterest!
 
I found a lot of options, but decided a crayon wreath was the way to go. So here is how I got started:
 
Supplies:

  • wreath form
  • fabric strips
  • hot glue gun and glue
  • crayons, I used 3 boxes for a 10"
  • ribbon

1.  To begin wrap your wreath with the fabric strips. I used some red gingim and used 4 strips about 1 1/2" wide.


 
2.  Next I set up my crayons in the order I wanted them glued on. Just to make sure I had the right amount as well as a good mix of the colors. I took out the black, brown, and white just because I wanted it to stay colorful.
 
3.  Next I glued the crayons to my wreath form.
 
4.  Finally I added ribbon to the top to hang it by and then put it on door. I couldn't be happier with how it turned out!
 
signature

No comments: