Sunday, November 14, 2010

Wonderful Walls

For awhile now I have been trying to figure out what to put on Em's walls. I don't want them to be plain and boring. I am working to add a custom magnet board to her room, but just haven't had time to get it done. Well while out this weekend, I saw some adorable wall art, but the price was not so adorable...so I said to my crafty self "I can make those." And well....I did. Here is how I did it.

Wall Art Tutorial


1. I started with 3 pieces of canvas, you can go big or medium. I got mine from Big Lots for $5 each. Nothing fancy needed.
2. Next I decided on my design, I consulted the owner of the room. We decided on some trees and a house with flowers. Next I picked out some papers that matched the bedding. Regular scrapbook paper will do.

3. I traced my shapes out to make some patterns and layout the design.

4. When we were happy with the design, I went ahead and traced it on the paper I had chosen for the design.

5. Next I painted the canvas in a coordinating color.
6. Once the paint dried, we began to lay the paper out and glue it on.

7. Once we had it all glued on (You might want to put something heavy on it just to secure it.) I sealed it with one of my favorites Mod Podge.

The final product!! I think they turned out great and my daughter does too!!

Hope you will try some of your own! Have fun and be creative!!

No comments: