Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Friends

In the last few weeks the issues of friends has come up. As a kid I remember having friends who lived on my street who I played with all the time. (Being an only child, this was very important.)

We had all kinds of fun, bike rides, carnivals in the yard, dress-up, and just plain fun! When we moved to our new house, this was one thing I was really looking forward to, neighborhood friends! I wanted my kids to have some of the same great memories that I did as a child growing up.

However, that is not how things are going. There are only a few kids near our house and we thought things were going okay. But lately there has been nothing but trouble! Apparently, with one little girl in particular my kids feel the need to do whatever she says....needless to say this has gotten them both in a HEAP of trouble in the last few days.

We have now had to set up the rule that one girl may no longer come over, which of course caused a LOAD of drama, b/c every time she has been over my kids are making poor choices.

The test of time will tell if my kids are learning the right lessons, and know what is right and wrong and what it means to be a good friend. A HARD lesson to learn...for both the kids and mom!

No comments: